- Helena, MT 3591
- Helena, MT, USA
- Part Time
Life insurance and PTO
With over 70 locations nationwide, American Welding & Gas, Inc. is among the largest independently-owned Industrial, Medical, Specialty Gas, and Welding Supply producers and distributors in the United States. We are a growing company within a stable industry looking for top talent to help drive us forward!
American Welding & Gas is currently seeking a part time Inside Counter Representative for our Helena, MT location. This position will be scheduled for about 20-24 hours per week.
- This position has the primary responsibility of assisting customers with purchasing and ordering products focusing on gases and welding/industrial supplies. Duties will also include maintaining hard-goods, receiving, inventory control, and delivery driving.
- Assist customers in store as well as by phone to purchase and order products.
- Help with deliveries as needed
- Handle cash and charge account transactions.
- Handle cylinder returns, exchanges and purchases
- Reconcile cash transactions against cash tickets, credit card transactions against credit card tickets, charge transactions against charge tickets, and end of day cash drawers.
- Assist manager with opening and closing store each day including securing all cylinders, locking all areas and setting alarms.
- Monitor inventory levels
- Receive freight and creates bar code labels
- Follow and comply with company safety policies so that store will pass monthly safety and quality checks.
- Work with the store manager to achieve / surpass budgeted sales projections while maintaining expenses within the parameters allocated by management to achieve profitability.
- Assist manager with building and equipment maintenance, sending documents
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Work experience in customer service and/or sales
- Class B CDL with Hazmat or the ability to obtain after hire
- Able to move compressed gas and liquid cylinders; Lift 50-75 pounds frequently and maneuver 100+ pound cylinders (rolling, using a cart, etc.)
- Cash register experience preferred but not necessary
- Ability to operate forklift preferred but not necessary
- Strong computer skills
- Motivated, high energy individual that is willing to learn out products and grow with the company
- Great incentives including Employer paid life insurance and PTO
Be apart of an industry leader and apply today!
American Welding & Gas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: AWG, American Welding and Gas, Customer Service, Representative, counter, weld, gas, sales, customer, service, business, welding, industrial, propane, material handler, warehouse, cashier, forklift, computer, inventory, manufacturing, production
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Share this Page